68 starting and exhaust

I have owned my 68 Crown for about a month now, and I am still trying to learn what is normal, what is not, what to be concerned about etc.  The previous owner had the carb rebuilt and pertronix ignition installed within the last year. The car seems to be cold blooded when starting.  I did discover that the automatic choke linkage was disconnected, and I have reconnected that.  When the engine is cold, the choke is fully closed, and I have also checked that it is fully open when the engine is hot - so far so good.  The first time the car is started each day, I need to pump the accelerator pedal about 25 times (yes that many, I have been counting).  Later in the day, it still takes 6-8 pumps to get it started when the engine is slightly warm.  When it is started first thing in the morning, I seem to get  what I consider a lot of moisture in the exhaust, including water dripping from the tailpipes while the car warms off.  I also notice a fair amount of black specs on the garage floor belo w the tail pipe exhaust.  The car does not smoke at all after it warms up, and the "smoke" on warm up seems to be water vapor.  Any suggestions on why the car takes so many pumps on the accelerator (it also has a new fuel pump), and should I be concerned about the moisture in the exhaust and black specs?  Thanks for any and all ideas.

Bob
68 Crown
51 New Yorker

--- bobsykes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx