81-83 Imperials..original or NO.

I absolutely agree with what you are saying..........BUT why couldn't a beige Imperial be a street rod?  I have a white 81 moonroof that is getting a 360, an 81 Manila Creame (daily driver) with a 2 barrel........NOT factory did it myself, and a silver 82 with 55,000 miles on it that has  a 4 barrel carb...almost got flame painted after the new silver paint was put on  a couple of months ago. ALL three have true dual exaust too and run all the better for it.
I mentored a high school kid in his "restoration" of a sea mist green (read FUGLY  color) 81 Imperial......the car is now Spinnaker White with Cordoba leather high back buckets, B&M shifter in a Cordoba console on the floor...dual exaust, cop car wheels with trim rings and dog dish caps.....oh, a 4 barrel carb with electronic ignition (sure I can send you pictures!)
MY POINT...........there are many people out there who have never seen an 81-83 Imperial and with those of us who drive ours, even after the EFI has gone away, it promotes an interest in these cars........stock or NOT.........when the EFI worked it was great........when it does not and you can carb the car........why not! At least it is not going to the crusher or junk yard!
See you all at Chryslers at Carlisle.......ok so I live 20 minutes from the place!