68 and 67 starting, redux

> I have the 4160
> Holley which I think is what came on all the 68's
> (?).  I checked tonight
> to see if my accelerator pump is working as was

I believe that mine is the same carburettor.  If so,
and if the carb hasn't been touched recently (or if it
has, but by some less-than-competant wrench jockeys)
I'd spend the $25 for the kit and do it yourself.

The holley's are amazingly simple carbs to work on,
they have a sort of symmetry and engineering
simplicity that appeals to me.  Rebuilding them is
straightforward, just make sure you have a large,
clean workspace to lay everything out.

And make sure the choke's  connected!

=====
--Mike Pittinaro