Please Welcome KE ITH HOPPING

New Subscriber(s): KE ITH HOPPING
Email Address is: oldhop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: New Plymouth  NEW ZEALAND

Car(s) owned: 1958 2 door hard top white roof biege body

Self-Introduction: Hi I have been here before ,I purchased this car in the
States around xmas time and have had it shipped down to N.Z this old girl
had been on ebay but was withdrawn,I bieleve that the previous owner
purchased it from ebay also. This wasn't the cheapest of cars and it was a
little character building  to put so much trust in some one I didn't
know,selling me something I haddn't seen,in a country I had no idea how to
ship out of. The cheapest shipping was to share a container with others and
what a drawn out process this turned out to be.But after 4 months of delays
the old tart is down under.Having shared passage with a 56 lincoln,a 63
Galaxy 2dr.and 4 ride on mowers.
This car was sight unseen at the time of purchase but a few kind words from
the list subscribers re this particular car from a time gone by put my mind
at rest re its worth.Its turned out to be a charmer with only
the seat upholstery letting the cond down a little.I have had some minor
rust in the rockers taken care of and a new exhaust fitted .I am  currently
waiting for tie rod ends etc to arrive from Kanter .we have also to fit seat
belts to comply with N.Z laws .the only thing left to do to have it road
legal is the speedo (That looks like fun )I just bet you don't get to many
of these out before lunch,take care all and I look forward to reading all
about how easy it really is to take out the dash,I reckon Hugh is looking it
up in his books as he reads this.Regards HOP p.s did I mention I forgot to
insure the old girl for the trip down here and not so much as a scratch
(even GOD loves imperials)