56 drive shaft

Hi all:

(Sorry for the post without content.  Hit the wrong key.)

Just put the drive shaft back in my '56 S'Hampton, complete with new u-joints
and center support.  Santa Fe Auto Machine did an excellent job.

Now, here's the rub.  The obvious drive shaft vibration and associated noises
are gone, indicating that the shaft indeed wanted attention.  But there is
still a very pronounced vibration on acceleration at about 20 to 25 mph.  It
mostly goes away at higher speeds, but is still noticeable.  I thought
perhaps the problem was with the engine somehow, but when the tranny is put
into neutral at speed, there is no change in the frequency of the vibration.
Could it be the wheels, or the rear axle, or even the differential?  I notice
a pronounced "clank" when put into gear, both forward and reverse.  Since the
drive shaft has just been refurbished, I rule out that angle.  What could be
the source of my continued "vibra-bed" on wheels?

John Emory
Santa Fe, NM
'56 4 door S'hampton