power windows

Hi All.
While working on my 68 imperial tonight I ran into another problem.
I have put all the windows back in and hooked them up.
I can only get the power vent windows and the right rear window to work.
The front windows when I plugged in the wires to the motors the windows came
down on there own and will not go back up.
I can unplug the motors and use a battery and the windows will work.
Any help would be great July 12th is getting close.
Thank you.
Bob