From: dardal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Rattling heat shield
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 23:14:04 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all.

My 68 Lebaron is motivated by a 69 440 from a New Yorker.  This engine has
the
69+ air cleaner along with the left manifold heat shield (that supposedly
feeds
hot air when the engine is cold).  Well, at low rpm when hot, the shield is
rattling (over 1500 rpm or so, the frequency is too high and the rattling
stops).  I replaced one of the bolts that was missing (connecting the upper
and
lower part) and the intensity of the rattle and/or the rpm that it occurs
slightly changed.  The part is not securely attached on the head.  All you
69+
owners, can you tell me how to secure that part and/or keep it from
rattling?

Thanks

D^2