Rattling heat shield

Ross, thanks for your wire suggestion, I thought there was a better way to keep
the thing from rattling.

The 68 model year did not have these things.  So, talking for originality would
not apply too much here.  As for engine life, you may be right.  This could
allow a slightly less rich mixture for both idle and choked operation, so it
might help with engine life if you drive the car in short trips/cold weather a
lot (which I don't, my shortest trip is at least 10 miles).  In fact, I have
done the "ultimate" in preventing over-rich mixtrure: I disconnected the choke,
at the expense of hard starting (both my 68's are like that).  So, this "hot
air" induction may help driveability.  I will re-install the hose between the
shield and the snorkel in November!

D^2

Quoting TheTanSedan@xxxxxxx: