D.C. to Cincinnati

As promised, here's the "full scoop" on my trip to
Ohio this weekend....

Balmy, 70 degrees day in the US capital.  Around noon
I skipped out of work in my trusty 1967 4 door
hardtop, full tank of gas and all four windows down,
cruising down the George Washington parkway.  I headed
north from there onto the Beltway (495 for all you
out-of-towners) and then up 270 North to Frederick.

>From there I took 70 west, which took me out the
"panhandle" of Maryland.  Because Maryland really
resembles a pan.  [sic]  This eventually turns into 68
west.  68 is a really nice drive; the countryside is
pretty, and the road is new and smooth- perfect for
testing out the upper RPM range of the 440.  *hehehe*

Around the time I got onto 68W, the weather ceased
co-operating with me and rain began to pour.  As luck
would have it, the rain followed me up route 79 into
Pennsylvania, and all the way through 70W though W.
Virginia and into Ohio.   By the time I got on 71
(which cuts sort of southwest from Columbus, OH to
Cinci) the rain had slackened somewhat, and by the
time I got to Cinci it was drizzling.

As I got off 71 and headed towards the apartment, my
cell phone rang.  It was my friend Doug telling me to
turn around and meet them at the Wal-Mart off the
expressway exit.  "But, how did you know where I was?"
I asked, as neither he nor my friend Lara who was with
him had ever seen the Imperial before.  They replied
that they had seen this huge, ancient car come off the
expressway and knew there was only one person who
would drive a car like that.

I guess I'm flattered.

Totals for the trip to Cinci:  540 miles, 7.75 hours
(including stops, so actually about 7.25 hours of
drive time), 2 fuel stops, best fuel economy: 16 mpg.
Fastest speed: 110mph. (while racing white trash in a
pimped out Beretta, uphill.  I won.)

Stay tuned for part duex....

=====
--Mike Pittinaro