1953 Imperial

Arran: Good post here, and thanks. I was hoping that the 51 or 52 would bolt
right in. They have an identical physical appearance.

I was able easily to remove the crowns off of the hubcaps. Just drill out
the rivets from the back, replate the crowns, and epoxy them back. there is
still enough of a stub to locate the crown on the cap. As an expedient
measure, I simply cleaned them, and painted them gold. Of course, they
eventually showed rust again.

Have to disagree with you re the "Imperial" lettering on the fenders of the
53. For that model year, all of the early factory publicity photos and some
unknown number of the early production models were without this lettering.
Check out any good reference book. There is another 53 Imperial, owned by a
Chrysler collector, who has one without the script. I think this was the
only year that had this as an issue.

Currell