Bill's radiator

At 04:34 AM 5/24/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, I finally had my radiator on my '59 Imperial rodded out yesterday, and
>a new thermostat installed.

Bill, did the shop tell you that indeed the radiator was clogged?

When I had similar problems a few years back with my 68, the shop told me
that they put it in the flow bench, and it was fine, so they did not even
bother to rod it..  When I reinstalled the radiator, the overheating was
magically gone (which puzzled me at the time), but only temporarily.  The
explanation was that my problem was rust in the coolant from the block all
along.  When I removed and reinstalled the radiator, I also replaced most
of the coolant.  Eventually, the coolant got full of mad again, and the
problem returned.

There is some chance that you have the same issue.  I recall your car had a
coolant filter there somewhere.  May be the previous owner had a reason to
install it, in a sort of desperate effort to keep the coolant clean.
D^2