61 and 63 door handles?

I slotted the stem on mine, from the hidden side, then bedded a steel
wire (1/8 inch diameter) in epoxy in the stem and out into the head
cavity.  It's now a very strong solid!  No re-chroming is needed, as
the change is invisible against the door panels and the epoxy is
smoothed to the original contour of the stem.  Only by snaking a
finger between door and handle to feel the absence of a hollow is the
trick discernable.

jc