1959 Imperial on eBay, one family owned

>Please tell me that I am wrong here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1832558922
I can see a total interior costing $2,816.30, maybe.
But, to remove and rebuild a carburetor, $586.32 and rebuild the engine at
a cost of $3,737.09?
Sounds excessive to me.
You can build a street rod hemi with all the flash and glory for less than
that.
Tell me whether I am right or wrong or did this guy get taken?
Danny