IML monthly rules reminder

Replies or discussion about the bylaws or other areas
of IML  operation should be directed to
moderator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and NOT the main list.

Imperial Mailing List Bylaws as adopted Spring 2002:

The Imperial Mailing List is one of the biggest and
oldest  Internet-based car-clubs, and it has grown to
be the largest  Imperial club of any kind. Over the
years, it has developed  a "theme" or a "flavor" which
we wish to enhance and protect. The  following Bylaws
are targeted to help us accomplish this while
remaining true to our mission statement. Violating one
of these  will earn you the attention of a Moderator
who will politely ask  you to stop. Repeated
violations will result in further action.
Three offenses and you will be deleted  from the list.

1- We are DEDICATED to Imperials of all years and
1976-78 Chrysler  New Yorker Broughams. If you want to
talk about a car that is in  NOT one of those
categories, PLEASE don't.

2- If you feel you need to start a message with 'This
is non- Imperial, but..,' then it doesn't belong. This
includes warnings  about Vi***es, sales pitches, urban
legends, etc.

3- Make each post VALUABLE to the list.. Do not post
private or  repetitive email, posted to the whole
mailing list. Please no "Me  too", "Good job!", "count
me in" messages. If your message does  not add value
to the list as a whole, please send it private to  the
person or persons to which you wish to communicate.

4- CHANGE your subject line, probably every time you
post, to  reflect the content of your message. And
PLEASE trim your posts  and use plain text. Please
don't just hit the reply button. Some  of our members
have slow speed connections and the volume and  length
of messages is a real problem.

5- No repetitive advertising by vendors will be
accepted. Tag  lines and signatures should be
reasonable.

6- PLAY NICE! Some infractions will NOT be tolerated
and are  cause for IMMEDIATE removal:
-Racial, sexual, ethnic, political attacks or slurs
-Personal attacks of any kind
-Intentional inflammatory posts
-Flaming the moderators (we're doing the best we can)
-Taking a private moderator discussion public in an
attempt to create dissension

7- Attachments are not allowed and are filtered by the
list server. Certain words are also filtered and any
message containing offensive or inflammatory words
will not be forwarded to the list. V***s are
automatically filtered by the list server.

If you'd like to more involved volunteer to help. We
are always happy  to accept help from folks who like
to greet new folks, or edit the archives for the
website, or add new material to a particular year's
Home Page. We have a separate mailing list (IML-Admin)
for folks who want to help run the IML, with lots of
active members. To join, send e-mail to
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and ask to be added.