BRAKE FAILURE was: Please back Welcome Tony Vickers -

BRAKE FAILURE was: Please back Welcome Tony Vickers -

Probably NO failure of the shop but of the driver.
So many don't know how dangerous it is driving downhill with heavy cars.
Braking means converting kinetic energy into heat. Heat dissipates through
the drums - in your case 61 imp  - AND THE BRAKEFLUID.
If there is no time to re -  cool   the drums and the fluid between two
stops, the liquid will boil. NO BRAKING ANYMORE.
Result:
1.change brake fluid in the system COMPLETELY as soon as possible. Control
knuckle grease, pads,
        2. DON'T BRAKE DOWNHILL  - use transmission first gear.
3. ALWAYS BRAKE hard and SHORT. Then rise the foot to let the system COOL
down. after a long and hard braking, rise the foot. Don't remain on the
brakes
        4. YOUR IMPS (ALL YEARS) ENGINE IS MUCH FASTER THAN YOUR IMPS(ALL YEARS)
BRAKES.
5. remember always the formula: kinetic energy is m/2 vČ meaning the speed
goes in by square

dietmar frensemeyer
webmaster
dfa@xxxxxxxx