Self-Inflicted Chrome Plating

I too would be interested in hearing about
self-chroming, plusses and minuses.  I'd always
written chrome off as one of those things you "have
to" have done by others.  The big stuff is still
probably out of my reach (bumpers, grilles) but the
little trim bits may be feasible.

Any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated, I
think, by the entire list.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome