Probably NO failure of the shop but of the driver. / copper brake pipes

Probably NO failure of the shop but of the driver. / copper brake pipes

In a message dated 31/05/02 02:56:52 GMT Daylight Time, walker@xxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< The restraint in your response is much more impressive than that offered
by your
 brakes.

 By the way, how did you come to a stop? >>

Fortunately, I was not not going fast at the time and I was on a clear, flat
road. As a matter of habit, I always try to leave extra space between the car
in front and my Imp, so when I pressed the pedal and felt that horrible
sinking feeling as it went right down to the floor I was able to pull into
the side of the road. A few minutes earlier and on the narrow, mountain
section of the road it may have been a different story.

On the subject of copper brake pipes, clearly there are those among you who
think this is dangerous. I have to say copper pipes are common in the U.K.
and in some cases favoured because they do not rust and are easy to shape. I
have never had a copper pipe rupture and I have had plenty. Is this risk
particular to heavy U.S. cars? If so I will ensure that the replacement pipes
are steel.

Tony V.