copper brake pipes

dardal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Calculating the stresses in a pipe based on pressure, pipe ID and wall
 thickness is not difficult.  If you can provide me this information, and
 the copper alloy used (I can hopefully find info on the strength of the
 material) I may be able to do some rough calculations and tell you if the
 material selection is improper.  My guess though is that if they use it in
 a large scale over there, it should be fine.  Here in the US, often the
 "safety" regulations go beyond sense... >>

Thanks for the offer D*2, but the simple solution is probably to play safe
and go for steel pipes like the original. I spoke to the guy at the shop
where they fitted the faulty pipe today and he is eager to redo the job to
the highest standard.

Right now, I believe he would fit titanium pipes if I demanded it in order to
preserve his reputation and settle the matter.

Best wishes,

Tony V.