Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Brake line discussion

DB, good find!  Is this the dimension used on brake lines?

Also, if I was asked to design a copper brake line, I would make the wall
thickness larger (either by reducing the ID a bit, and/or by increasing the
OD, preferably the 2nd).  I am not sure though how this would be compatible
with the fittings, but I think it would work.  Point is though that lack of
material strength can be compensated by thicker material.  Also, I would
probably specify a higher grade copper alloy, and I would try to achieve a
design factor of at least 2.  Problem is of course, as the pipe gets
thicker/stronger material, it may get harder to bend.
D^2