82 Imp EFI won't start/run

Hi All,

I just bought this car a few weeks ago and have since joined the club.
Thanks for welcoming me. I've enjoyed the club so much in the last couple of
weeks that I've already gone out and bought a 68 Crown Coupe (runs great,
99.9% original from a man who bought it in 69).

Anyway, about my non-running 82. It has the EFI still installed. I just put
new plugs in it and a new 0-2 sensor, fresh gas, new air filter and a new
battery.

Result- If I crank the car FOREVER, it will fire and immediately stall. If I
give it some gas (step on pedal) as it fires it will increase RPM and then
die within a couple of seconds. If I then crank it again it will fire and
stay running (very rough) as long as I keep my foot on the gas. WAY DOWN on
the gas. It will NOT idle, not even close, it will run above about 2,500 rpm
only and it sounds like it's running on 5-6 cylinders only. Actually it
feels like the plug wires are on wrong (they're not, I checked).

Where should I start? I've read briefly through the info on club
website but most of it deals with vehicles that idle rough or have low
power. Mine just isn't drivable at all. I'm sure that I'm not the only
person to come across this problem as I see 81-83 Imps for sale cheap all
the time that "don't run". This car is extremely clean. No dents, no rust,
great interior. As soon as I get it running it will go out for a fresh coat
of paint.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure all be back online about
things on my 68 as I learn more about it. I've already had the VERY painful
experience of taking a power window motor off the regulator (watch out, this
thing is like a bear trap as the spring will snap it closed on your hand, I
got ten stitches out of it)

Thanks,

Paul A. Feeney

82 Lt Blue EFI Wire Wheel
68 Black Crown Coupe
97 Dodge Ram 3500 (tow rig)
82 Maserati Quattroporte (at least it has a Mopar Trans, starter, and A/C)