the Road to Labrador

Alan, sounds like an interesting trip.  Regarding you
AC hoses.  Your mechanic MAY be trying to sell you
something.  Let me explain.  With to the introduction
of R134, AC hoses became known as "barrier
hose" because the molecule of 134 is smaller than
R12 and would slowly pass through the R12 type hoses.
That said, it doesn't NECESSARILY mean they have to be
replaced.  Some people, just convert to 134 with the
WalMart (or whatever) kit and plan on adding a can of
134 every 6 months or so.  At less than 4 bucks a can
this is pretty cost effective.

If you do need new hoses it's no big deal.  I had all
new hoses made for my 73 and all three only cost about
$100.  Most places that fabricate hydraulic hoses can
easily make them.  Ask around at your parts store.  I
live in a town of 200,000 and we have 3 places that do
it.

Kerryp
--- Alan Harper <alan__harper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

> They say my AC hoses are
> all leaking, so I need new hoses all around for
my
> AC to work.  They don't
> have them in stock.  They may be able to
fabricate
> them.

<Snip>