Window Motor update - what a great group, + brakes &seat belts

Window Motor update - what a great group, + brakes &seat belts

 I must say that I feel a little like I'm walking around with no pants on
without seat belts.  JC Whitney sells belts that are visually similar to those
found in the "lesser" cars.  I remember reading somewhere (sales literature?)
that there are mounting points in the car (a '63) for belts.  I even considered
installing the shoulder belt sets from the NYB, but that would require an
anchor point on the roof.

-------------------

One of the best features of my '61 Imperial is the LACK of seatbelts! It's like
walking around with no pants on! It's like drinking, smokin' and eating steak
all rolled into one! (Actually I don't do any of the first two, plenty of the
third).

Of course I don't wear 'em in my new cars either, so I'm not so sure what it
feels like to ride "with" them. *TIP* A well placed potato-chip clip will
shut-off the buzzers and idiot lights.

Besides... A '63 has a padded dash and semi-collapsible steering wheel. How
much more safety do you want? I suppose you could put them in if you like, the
easiest swap would probably be from a '66. A St. Christopher medal on the dash
wouldn't hurt either.

Carmine F.

T-boned a Honda with a '69 Camaro Convertible (top-down! Camaro lived)---Not my
fault

'77 NYB rear-ended by '96 Dakota (Dakota lost)---Not my fault

Ford Van T-boned my '79 Diplomat Coupe (Both vehicles died)---Not my fault

Rolled a '00 Grand Cherokee (totaled)---Was my fault (sleepy drive home after
work).

Total number of points on Driving Record since 1992: Zero

Look on faces of EMS workers arriving on scene: Priceless
--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8