Seat Belt Suppliers

There are some good pictures of an installation of Andover Brand belts at Bob Merritt's Golden Lion Grrrages web site at:

www.simplexco.com/auto

Bob also has an excellent source list on his website.

Andover belts can be seen at their web site:  www.andoauto.com

I have personally used the Beam's Industries belts supplied by JC Whitney.  The Beam's belts are the least expensive line JCW offers, but are compliant with all FMVSS standards.  The buckle is visually similar to the Pontonier belts supplied to Chrysler in the mid-sixties.  Overall quality is good, but I think I prefer the Andover belts, as the "male" portion of the belt is fashioned as the mid-sixties versions, and the buckle looks "right".  The Beam's "male end" design is quite different.  JCW also supplies a higher-line belt, but I have no experience with these.

Here is a link for the JCWhitney offerings:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/catsubpic.jhtml?CATID=3044&_requestid=18468

Funny, I can remember many moons ago looking down my nose at anything that came from JC Whitney.  Now I buy my safety equipment there... my, how times change...

Steve Charette