IML - Columbian Imperials

Hello All,

It's been months, and I mean months, since I posted anything on the list.
However, I'm still here! I will soon be moving to the D.C. Metro area of
Virginia, and was wondering if there were any list members in the vicinity.
As of yet, I do not own an Imperial (the same old story), but I'm always on
the look-out. For those of you that may recall, I am the self-proclaimed,
20-something, flag-waver for the Fuselage Imperials -- the Imperials from
the space-age that never was. That's not to say I don't appreciate the
other generations. Who could forget the first true Imperials of the
mid-50's, or the "suddenly it's 1960" Imperials of the late 50's, or the
30's revivalist Imperials of the early 60's with their stand-alone
headlights. From gun-sight tail lights, to push-button automatics, to
headlight washers, to lean-burn, to Auto-Temp II, to highway hi-fi's and
floor-mounted cassette players, Imperial topped the charts for American
luxury, and was the crowning achievement of the Chrysler Corp. So what if
it was an also-ran after 1960, and so what if Mercedes will probably never
let the name appear on a C-pillar again. It remains America's most
carefully built car, and I'm proud to support the club. So please drop me a
line if you live in or around the D.C. Metro area. You may contact me at
the e-mail address below. Before I sign off, I have two pieces of business.
First, for those of you who are interested, there is a '74 to '78 (or
something) Chrysler Newport for sale within 5 miles of my house (I'm in
Virginia Beach, VA). It's emerald green with a white leather/vinyl
interior. Very clean, but missing some things. If you want more info, let
me know. And could someone remind me if it was just 1969 that Imperial had
the sequencial tail lights from the factory? I can't remember.

Sincerely,

Jonathan R. Lichtenstein

jlich001@xxxxxxx

America's Most Carefully Built Car -- Imperial