Points or Electronic Ignition?

Points are simple and foolproof, but they do need periodic adjustment or replacement. Electronic ignitions rarely need adjustment and don't wear out, but if something does fail, you are left cold.
Sometime in the not so recent past, a couple years ago, I read some very complete instructions on how to use a scavenged Mopar electronic ignition system on an older engine (Not the aftermarket Mopar system that is made for old engines and comes with instructions!) These instructions even told exactly which wires of the module to use and which ones to ignore and cut off. I can't remember if it was on the OIC site or someplace else. I did a search on the OIC site, but didn't find it. Does anyone else remember this? I had to have gotten to the information through this group.