Carlisle 2002

Hi Folks,

I'm a little late with my "review" of Carlisle, but
I've been busy catching up with things after my
"vacation" to PA.  :o)

And what a great vacation!  I drove my '71 Imperial
from Chattanooga, TN, to Carlisle, PA, which wound up
being about a 1400 mile round trip.  The '71 returned
an average of 14.7 mpg, which included a good bit of
in-town, stop-and-go traffic (I actually got 16.12 mpg
on one highway leg of the trip!).  It was a great
cruise for the '71 and I enjoyed it thoroughly.  AND
the '71 turned over 240,000 miles on the way home.  :)

The weekend at Carlisle was an amazing event.
Including the cars for sale in the car corral, I
counted 30 Imperials there!  And there was many other
classic Chrysler products that caught my eye, making
it a great show.

I will say that I was a bit disappointed by the lack
of Imperial "stuff" available from the vendors at
Carlisle.  But since "muscle cars" seem to be the
dominant force behind the hobby, this shouldn't be a
surprise.  However, it was really nice to see reliable
IML vendors such as Murray Park and Phil jr.  I did
find some other random Imperial items scattered
around, but it often took an "eagle eye" to spot them.
 ;o)

I tried to make a list of all the cars and their
owners who were in the showfield.  I'm sure I've
misspelled someone's name (or flat gotten it wrong),
so feel free to send me any corrections.  Over the
course of the weekend, I saw:

1952 Imperial Custom -- Roger Stevens
1957 Imperial Custom 2 door -- Kristen Fallstich
1958 Imperial LeBaron Southampton -- Robert Walker
1959 Imperial Crown Convertible -- James Dellinger
1959 Imperial Crown 2 door -- Charles Tynes
1959 Imperial Crown 4 door Southampton -- Neal Herman
1961 Imperial Crown 4 door Southampton -- John Corey
1962 Imperial Custom 4 door Southampton -- Mike and
Mary Garceau
1962 Imperial Crown 2 door -- Tony Blagrave
1962 Imperial Crown Convertible -- Brian Cirrillo
1964 Imperial Crown 4 door -- Andrew McGilvray
1964 Imperial Crown Coupe -- Jim Rado
1965 Imperial Crown Convertible -- Rob Kidd
1966 Imperial Crown Coupe -- Daniel Burke
1966 Imperial Crown 4 door -- Clark Thomas
1967 Imperial Crown 4 door -- Mike Pittinaro
1967 Imperial LeBaron -- Mark Jefferson
1971 Imperial LeBaron -- Elijah Scott
1981 Imperial -- Andy Summers
1982 Imperial -- Don Kemper
1983 Imperial -- Dan Wing

I also ran into some good friends and other IML folks,
such as Chris Hawkins, Bob May, Henry Hopkins, Richard
Palmer, Ben Maynard, Jan Witte, and several others.
It was especially nice to see Henry Hopkins and
Richard Palmer, two fellow IMLers who I've known
virtually for several years but had never met in
person.

I did have the chance to take a BUNCH of pictures,
which I'm working on posting to the IML site.  If
anyone has pictures of the event they would like to
share, please feel free to contact me at
Imperial1971@xxxxxxxxxx  I'll have lots more info
about my impressions of the show to post to the web
site as well.  And there's even a group photograph!

I hope anyone who can will consider attending Carlisle
next year.  It's a truly great event.

Thanks,

Elijah
1965 Imperial LeBaron