From: Currell Pattie
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2002 7:18 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 1954 Crown Imperial Limo & Thoughts on a Restoration

Responding to an earlier post re chroming a 54 Crown Imperial Limo:

Yes, chroming is extremely expensive, but it might not be that horrible on
this model. I own a '53 Imperial Custom, and I can thankfully report that
there is a lot of stainless steel trim on the car.

And I'm looking at a picture of a 53 Imperial limo (typical of '54) right
now. Actually, there is not a whole lot of bright metal trim on the car, and
I believe what is there is mostly stainless. True, the taillight housings
are cast, along with the hood ornament, etc.

The huge, huge expense on this car will be the grille. I am facing that one
myself. Simple, relatively, but cast metal.

I used to be in the Cadillac LaSalle Club as a national director. Try
rechroming a '41 Cadillac sometime. Everything (virtually) is pot metal,
starting with the 3 horizontal trim pieces per fender. The vents on the side
of the hood. The grille, except for the vertical parts of the eggcrate part.

Currell