Imperial Conundrum/Chronos link

Actually, there was another concept on the drawing board that never became a
publicly displayed vehicle that was very seriously bandied about within
Chrysler as the next Imperial.

It was a stunning (I've gotta try and find a picture or a link to one for the
list) big four-door that took the second-generation LH styling theme to an
even grander, more dramatic scale. It was to be Chrysler's $40,000+ flagship,
an idea that was quickly iced when the merger happened.

As I recall, the mention of the Imperial name in reference to the Chronos show
car came more from the media and Mopar fans than from within Chrysler, as the
car really didn't reflect any traditional Imperial cues.

The concept car that came closer to that was the dual-cowl,
retractable-hardtop Phaeton, which you can see at the link below. It clearly
paid some homage to the three '52->'56 Parade Phaetons.

http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/concept/phaeton.htm

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon