rejeuvneating rubber gaskets (and rusty small parts)

rejeuvneating rubber gaskets (and rusty small parts)

> My flightsweep deck lid has a vinyl gasket
> between the lid and the
> deck & it is hard as a rock and cracked.

Awhile back, someone suggested using vinegar as a rust
remover.  It does that so well that I have a 5 gallon paint
bucket filled half way up of the stuff (a pint bucket has a
lit, the lid seals the smell in).  You only have to hit the
part with water-pressure from a hose and the rust blasts
right off after 24-48 hours of soaking.

The vinegar softens the black rubbery gaskets as found
under the outside RV mirror, too, so that they are supple
and soft after bing brittle.

You might want to try this.

PS- thanks to whoever gave out the vinegar tip, I love it!

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious