IML Messages

Ken Miller (kdmiller@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> For those of you that feel that you simply must send inconsequential
> messages to the list, please understand that upon my return there were 388
> messages in the IML inbox!

In general, if you are going to be away for a while and your system cannot
handle a large volume of e-mail, you might consider either unsubscribing
temporarily and re-subscribing upon your return, or changing over to digest
mode for your absence.

Not that this justifies every "inconsequential message," but even without
these there is quite a large volume of messages every day on this great
list. These two options are a good way for each user to manage his or her
own mailbox this way while on vacation... That is not something the rest of
the membership can (or should) be adjusting to. It's not realistic to expect
the rest of the list to talk less while any one of us is away from our
computer for an extended period.

Besides, those of us who are not on vacation might be enjoying most of this
mail!

Hope this helps you maintain your mail next time you take a trip.

Chris in LA