From: "C F" <mopowered@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 1:29 PM
Subject: IML: "custom" vinyl top covering

I don't think JC Whitney offers them anymore. Fart-noise exhaust pipes for
Hondas had to be listed, so something had to give.

My '73 Imperial has a sunroof. The heat-welded seems end up about two inches
from the edge of the sunroof panel.

First of all, the number of vertical & horizontal seems/edges coming
together in one area don't look very good. Secondly, my sunroof panel rubs
the double-thick seam area ever so slightly when retracting (although I'm
sure I could fix this with an adjustment).

Although I usually hate doing things in a non-original way, moving the seams
outboard a few inches (off the sliding panel) would make a better appearing
and functioning top.

What do you think of having the top made to these specs? Seems very do-able
(pun-intended) as even with an additonal four inches in width, the seams
will still fall in a flat area and should be no wider than a standard width
vinyl.

Anyone else with a sunroof car have this thought?