maligning the Holley

I know a guy who was a Chrysler divisional manager in the late 60's, and
he told me that there were so many complaints about the Holley carbs on
the 68's that the dealers were almost overwhelmed.

At one point, it got so bad that he stood up at a corporate meeting and
asked why Chrysler was continuing to put Holleys on Imperials.  The
answer he got was, boiled down, that the Holley carburetors were costing
Chrysler something like $2.35 each.  (Not an exact figure, but it was
less than $3.)

This guy said he just sat down after that.  Even in 1968, that was dirt
cheap.

Mark M