64 Transmission question

--- KerryPinkerton <pinkertonk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> over time, the fluid in the torque converter drains
> back into the transmission itself and it takes a few
> minutes for the tranny to get itself in order.

There's a very simple solution to this problem.  Once
the car is started, immediately shift it into neutral.
 This will refill the torque converter in just a few
moments.

Allan, following this procedure will also help the
"lurch" you are experiencing when shifting into gear.
Let the fast idle run for a minute or two, and then
tap the accelerator to step down to a lower idle.  By
this time, the torque converter will be "primed," and
your idle will be low enough for a smooth shift.

Happy Motoring!

Elijah