67 w/ Holly, still stalls out

Did you also change the filter "sock" that is part of the pick up tube in
the tank?  It may be cogged to the point that it won't let sufficient gas
through to keep up with what the engine uses but will let enough "soak
through" when the engine shuts off  to allow it to start and run a few
minutes.  I suppose the same theory could apply to an in line paper
filter too.  I once heard of a rubber line which had collapsed internally
cutting off fuel flow intermittently.

I agree with a lot of the other answers in that its most likely not
ignition-related.  The engine is using the gas faster than it can get
more whatever the cause.

I also agree that he float should not let fuel through in the "full up"
position.  Once your real problem is fixed, this will lead to flooding
and/or fire.  The float is there to keep the fuel at the proper level in
the carb. and it can't do that unless it can shut it off momentarily when
its reached that level.

Good luck.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.