IML - Need help with starter/motor turning over

IML - Need help with starter/motor turning over

Wayne, I don't know if this will help or not but my 50
has the same problem, ie the starter clicks but won't
crank the motor.  If I keep turning the key, it will
eventually click and then start.  An old Chrysler dude
told me it is a very easy fix.  Apparently the starter
solenoid ( on top of the starter) is just a plunger.
The end of the plunger gets rusty and does not conduct
the current.  According to him, all one has to do is
remove the solenoid and sand the end a little.  I
haven't done this yet on mine.  Hope this helps.

Have you started on your brakes yet?

Kerry

--- Wldavis101@xxxxxxx wrote:
> In my perpetual quest to ressurect the 51 Crown
> Imperial Limo, I have had the
> 6 volt starter rebuilt and have just gotten it
> re-installed. It just "clicks"
> when I turn the starter switch (through the key),
> and although I have hand
> turned the motor, it doesn't turn easily. Is this a
> starter problem or a
> motor not turning over problem? Thanks!
> Wayne

=====
Kerryp

50 Crown Limo, 57 sports roadster, 61(s) GeeA project, 64, 68 Convert, 73
http://dte.net/57imperial