IML "Replies" to the List - New members please read

--- Sachiko & Tony <sachiko&tony@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Kenyon
> I guess the pictures I sent you arrived I am new to
> computers so it's always
> an adventure unless I have my wife around to help

Hey Tony and other new IML'ers,

Being new to the list and also being a nice guy opens the
door for a quick explanation of how the "List" and direct
replies to "Individuals" vs. "The Entire List" works for
our newer members.

That message should have been TOP SECRET between both of us
- now the other 196o Lebaron hounds out there (all 3 of
them) will start thinking about how they can snag those
hucaps out from under me!!  -I'm only kidding about my
fellow 196o Lebaron brothers, of course (but no! e-mailing
that seller for hubcaps, 'cause I call 'em!)  This
message's info was really very good, and is relevant to
anyone on the List thinking about buying this car, so it
was relevant to all concerned.  You get points for going
over to scout that car out.

About replying;

If you get something that I (or someone else) authored and
it came to you with "IML" (Imperial Mailing List) in the
title, that means that I sent it to the entire list (all
600 of us), and it came to you from the Imperial Mailing
List Server, not directly from me.

If you see something that is good for the whole group, just
hit "reply" to any of the IML messages and the response
will go to the entire forum.  If it's just for me (or
another), then you have to "cut" my address out of the
original message after hitting "reply", and "paste" it into
the address box in place of
"mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

Here's more info in full color:

http://www.metrocast.net/~wdngshooter/email-reply/private-reply.html

I write this, as I am on the Admin Staff that sends out
reminders about this mailing list's rules on occasion, and
this seems to be a common mechanical boo-boo people's first
time through - writing to one person but sending to the
entire list (possibly?) without knowing it.

I've done it too.
Keep on writing in!!
We're glad that everyone's here!!

Kenyon the 196o LeBaron Fool & Admin guy