From: C F
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 11:24 PM
Subject: IML: "Imperials Wanted" section

Just had a thought...

I was recently killing time, surfing the classified ad section. I clicked over to the "wanted" section and realized that about 50% of the ads are obvious derby guys (some of whom are not very good liars; see below.)

"I'M LOOKING FOR 65-68 IMPERIALS TO RESTORE MOTOR AND TRANNY IS NOT A MUST BUT A DECENT BODY WOULD BE NICE.... Email is : cjbderby05@xxxxx"

Hmm.... Looking to "restore",  no motor required, decent body would be nice, and the e-mail has the word "derby" as a prefix. Now I might not be inspector Columbo of the LAPD, but something about this ad doesn't add up.

It seems a shame to me that such an excellent website has become a hang-out for those who seek to destroy the very cars the website seeks to preserve. It is especially vulgar when the guy placing the ad is obviously lying.

Just to show that I'm willing to do something, I'd be happy to help weed-out these folk in some manner. (They're pretty easy to spot.) Otherwise I might suggest dropping the "wanted" section altogether (whole cars only, not parts).

What are your thoughts?

Carmine F.

(Saving many Imperials/C-bodies from derby via cash on hand and the internet since 1998.)