cam talk

 While rebuilding the 440 for my 67 convert.  I replaced the cam ,which was peaky and prone to detonation because of the conservative factory cam profile. (which was probably fine for the gasoline available in 1967) After doing some research  and talking to knowledgeable people I decided to go with a mild cam with a little more lift and a little more duration  and overlap, I'll get a little more power with the increased lift,(car had plenty as far as I'm concerned) but more importantly the longer duration and overlap of the valves will bleed off some of the compression. Essentially an RV cam, but if you think about it, an imperial is kind of like an RV (big and heavy) Mike Becker