What's wrong with my small block?-update (long)

What's wrong with my small block?-update (long)

I agree that it is probably a head gasket. I can't see having a cracked
piston or block.  The car runs GREAT until it gets warm.  The engine makes
no strange noises except for the radiator thunking.  That is apparently the
water inside boiling.  It's the blowby I'm worried about. Could the head
gasket cause that?  I assume so.  You check by doing a compression check and
the problem will be where the one or two cylinders read different, correct?
Rob
Still praying I can get out of this w/o going for a new engine.