81 -83 FUEL FILTER

Stan Davis asked about fuel filters for 81-83 a couple weeks ago.

I went to Autozone today to pick up the fuel filters they ordered for me earlier this week.  They are not regular store stock, but can be ordered from the Autozone warehouse or you can go online to Autozone.com.  The part number is G-492.  They came in a Champion Laboratories box.

When I opened the box I was surprised that these are almost identical to the OEM filters on my 81.  They carry the Chrysler pentastar imprint and part number 4185536/4185533.  I only say "almost" because the paint is gray rather than what appears to be an off-white for the originals.  Otherwise, they seem to be an exact replacement.

P.S. The carb cleaner is working great on the potting compound.  Thanks.

Dave Morrison
82 EFI FS Edition (for sale)
81 EFI