The exciting years

1957 was the year I really stood up and noticed Imperials, and began my
immediate love affair with a car I was too young, and too poor to own. From
1957 through 1959 I watched the Imperials progression, and even started my
own Imperial club with the neighborhood kids, making myself the appointed
president, since I liked them the most! Needless to say, that club didn't
last too long, but my love of the Imperial did. I finally own one of these
elusive mysterious cars, and am still in awe of it every time I look at it.
Something else happened in those years which was also to change my life. One
day one of my friends parents took us out to the airport to see American
Airlines brand new shiny Boeing 707 jetliner. It was one of the most
memorable childhood experiences seeing this brand new plane, and actually
getting to walk through it, I had never seen anything so big. This started a
whole new love affair with the 707, and to this day it is still my favorite
airplane. I was finally able to acquire the Imperial of my dreams, but the
707 is a still a bit out of reach! John Travolta, where are you when I need
you! (John Travolta owns his own 707 for those of you that don't know, and it
is appointed better than Air Force One!)
Bill '59 Crown, still working on the 707