81 ASD grounding

I saw a reference on the archives a while back about running a seperate ground
lead from the ASD module housing to the ground stud on the intake manifold.
What do you do? Tap a new screw into the ASD box and attach the lead to the
screw? Also, how would one isolate the ASD from the fender to prevent "noise"
from the frame? How about running the screws through rubber grommets and then
attach to fender? What's the success rate on improvement of ASD function?
Kurt Piepenburg
81 EFI