My '67 has a dangerous electrical problem!

My '67 has a dangerous electrical problem!

Thank you very much, Mike! I'm relieved to know I'm not the
first to have to deal with this rather serious problem.

When you say the bulkhead connector goes bad, do you mean
the black plastic block itself, or the connections of the
wires to that block, or what?  Or is it "all of the above"?
I'm wondering whether I should be looking for a new part,
or just re-connecting all of the wires to the existing
part?