Vinyl Top Emergency!!!

> My question is, can you buy the vinyl in uncut sheets?  Has anyone done
> it that way?  Or do I HAVE to get a "kit?"
>
> Thanks, Mark

You can buy the OE vinyl in uncut batches... I bought the original grain for my
'72 Charger and did the top myself.

However because the Charger was a "canopy" style top, there was no seam (except
for the A-posts). The correct Imperial seams are heat-sealed, but I don't know
how you could do that?

The IML could try contacting Year One and try doing a "group buy", since the
vinyl top material is the same as many musclecars. All they would need to do is
cut the vinyl in an "Imperial" pattern after running the vinyl though the
heat-sealing machine.

Carmine F

(I could use a sunroof top for a '73!)
--