Hard Starting 55

Hi All,

     A friend just called and was explaining a problem he has with his 55 Imperial.  He said when it is hot it will barely turn over but after a few really slow revolutions it cranks a little faster and then starts. He said the car always starts however but he is wondering why it cranks so hard.  I know this subject has been recently discussed but I don't recall any remedies.
     He said he has checked out the starter himself and also had a Mechanic check it and it seems to be okay.  He has put in new brushes etc. He is thinking of converting the car to 12 volts but I told him that many members say it isn't necessary and that 6 volts should work fine.
     He told me that when his father owned the car several years ago it always started
 fine but after it got about 35 or 40,000 miles on it was when the trouble started and has just gotten worse through the years.  Any help would be appreciated.  You can email off list if you like at smt@xxxxxxxxxxx and I will pass the word along.

Steve T.
62 LeBaron
63 300