wipers and sway bar

The wiper link (3799537) with the silly plastic
bit that falls to bits only during a torrential
rain storm has broken on my 82.

I have made a temporary repair by cutting
off the stud that hold said silly bit, migged in
a bolt and, mounted a repair washer either side
of a bearing roughly the size of the hole the
plastic bit goes into in the long link arm
(if you know what i mean).

Assembly is one washer on bolt followed by
bearing followed by link arm then captured
by second washer then nyloc nut pulling it
all together.

This when well greased works fine but with
no park facility.

I have been quoted £54 plus 17.5% tax
which works out to $92 ish US which
seems a lot of cash for a small link arm.

Anyone know how much they are over on your
side of the pond???

Neil Thorpe Black 82 imp.
London England.