metal interaction answers?

I pulled up a galvanic chart at
http://www.pemnet.com/design_information/galvanic.html

Looking at this chart it seems that aluminum and stainless can be happy or fight, depends on what type of aluminum and stainless are used. I think stainless 304 and aluminum 1100 or magnesium would not work out in the long run. While aluminum 2017 and stainless 430 love each other.
So, the question is what metals are found in automobiles of the 50's and 60's? And what type of stainless is used for fasteners ?

Changed your e-mail? Keep your contacts! Use this free e-mail change of address service from Return Path. Register now!