torqefilte and other

Quoting Kerry Pinkerton <pinkertonk@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I continue to be amazed that people have to pay 1000 for a torqueflight
> rebuilt.  My trans guy did a rebuild and a rebuilt torque converter for
> 300 bucks and that included a case saver for a broken drive sprag.  I
> did the remove and install.
>
> Look around you can beat a grand

When the reverse on my 68 Sedan got real weak, I took the car to an AMCO place
(or is it AAMCO?) where they tightened the reverse band.  They charged me
$40.00 but they told me that the transmission is probably going south, and I
should bring it back to them for a rebuild.  They would actually credit me the
$40 for the band adjustment, and they had given me a total estimate of about
$500.  They would handle removal and installation.  Of course, the band
adjustment worked great, and the transmission in this car is shifting great in
all gears when its not low on fluid.
D^2