IML : Autolite : Was Why G.M Parts are unnecessary.

IML : Autolite : Was Why G.M Parts are unnecessary.

Right!  Gemmer!  Knew there was another firm!

Saginaw supplied the adjustable steeering column / wheel for Chrysler.  And
the collapsable steering column was a patented Saginaw design.

And of course Chrysler had outside suppliers for mass production bodies -
Fisher Body (to 1927), Murray, Briggs, Budd, and Hayes being the main ones.
In Canada Chrysler used Fisher Body until 1927 when General Motors decided
F.B. would no longer supply bodies to any non-General Motors company.
Chrysler Canada leased two Fisher Body plants in Windsor to produce their
own closed bodies and imported convertible bodies and parts from Briggs and
Murray through 1936, which was also the last year for a Canadian-built
Imperial until 1981.

Bill
Vancouver, BC