A sculpture of the death of a '59 Imperial

A sculpture of the death of a '59 Imperial

Here's an odd thing:
http://www.absolutearts.com/cgi-bin/portfolio/art/your-art.cgi?login=lesabre&title=the_last_ride-1001879886t.jpg
(That's a long URL, so if your mail reader wraps it, then
cut-n-paste the two pieces into your web browser.)

If anyone gets curious enough to write and ask the sculptor
what the "back story" is, please share it with us.  I wonder
if it's inspired by a real event?

By the way, the artist's other works are automobile-related,
though this is the only one shown that involves an Imperial.

Tim Klein
'67 Crown 4DHT
Rye, New York